Hey All! Here’s another set of exercises for the park, for these exercises you may want a mat or towel. Try them out and tell me what you think! The photos for this workout were taken at the playground beside the Kinsmen Sports Centre 9100 Walterdale Hill Northwest, Edmonton.
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try to perform these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
1. Swing Pike (Core)
- Starting in a plank position (arms fully extended)
- Engage your core and use your abs to fold your body in half.
- Pulling the swing forward toward your hands as your butt moves up in the air.
- Allow your head to fall between your arms, keeping your neck long and in line with your spine.
- Lower back into a plank position and do not allow your hips to drop below your shoulders. Repeat for remaining time.
2. Hamstring Curl (Hamstrings/Glutes/Core)
- Start by lying on the ground with your heels resting on the seat of the swing.
- Lift your butt off the ground by squeezing your glutes, engaging your core, lifting your hips up.
- Pull the swing in towards your butt and then back out. Repeat for the remaining time.
3. Squat and Row (Legs/Upper Back/Core)
- Standing behind the swing with feet about shoulders width apart, grabbing just at the end of the chain, arms extended straight out, and leaning back at about a 45 degree angle.
- With core tight, lower into a squat position. Going as deep as you are comfortable with.
- Returning to standing position, pull yourself forward towards the swing seat until it touches your chest.
4. Push Up with Knee Tuck (Chest/Triceps/Core)
- Starting in plank position. (arms fully extended)
- Lower your chest towards the ground keeping core tight.
- Push yourself back up to plank position and then draw your knees up inwards.
- Come back to start position and repeat for the remaining time.